Books For Review
The journal publishes reviews of books from any field which reflect on the global relations of or in Central and Eastern Europe.
We normally invite authors to write a review on a particular book. We also invite suggestions of books for review from any potential authors for consideration. The only rule is that the book or the book review interrogates Central and Eastern Europe from critical and global perspectives. It is review of either a book published in English or an important book on the international relations published by author(s) from within the region (and in one of the regional languages).
Guidelines for book reviewers:
- The year of publication of the reviewed book may not be more than two years before the expected publication of the review.
- The review should have an essayist style, be clearly written, frame the book in a broader scholarly discussion, and critically engage with it above all.
- No particular structure is enforced. However, the review should briefly introduce the author(s) position in the academic or intellectual field, state the book’s thesis or objectives, and more or less explicitly refer to its structure.
- The length of the review should range from 1 500 – 2 500 words.
- The review style must match the formal manuscript requirements of our journal.
Similarly to the journal’s research articles, the reviews are indexed in expert databases such as Web of Science (ESCI), Scopus, ERIH PLUS, C.E.O.L., ProQuest, and Ebsco Political Science Complete. The selection of the reviewed book is at the discretion of the reviewer. If you wish to submit a book review or consult a proposed book, contact the book review editor Daniel Šitera at firstname.lastname@example.org.